Saturday, March 29, 2008

New to the Neighborhood: Crumb-thing's Gotta Give


Moving day - gorgeous day, packing up my things and searching my future neighborhood online, only to discover -- The second best cupcakes in ALL the world, Crumbs (http://www.crumbsbakeshop.com/index.php), are located THREE blocks away from my new UES apartment. Sidenote: Second only to Humingbird bakery on Portabello Rd in London (and yes, all of you Sex and the Cityites, it is WAY better than Magnolia with their dinky little powdered sugar mushrooms that they like to call cupcakes and a line of cupcake ameteurs (really just sadly misled NY socialites) waiting out the door for those little sugar bullets to the head) Crumbs, wonderful Crumbs, is a haven for New Yorks more refined cupcake palettes, with cupcakes as big as your head, buttery frosting and cream in the middle. I am in real, real trouble....

1 comment:

Jedenharris said...

You go girl!!

I can already tell your blog is going to be addictive...a fix I need every day to fill in the gaps in my heart that get bigger in spite of my best efforts every time I think of you not being close. But my heart is also so VERY proud, so very happy and full, to see you grabbing what you want, and giving back to everyone you meet with that very KATENESS you have.
I love you!
Mom